Pre-Feasibility Study for a Potential Port on the Caspian Sea in the Astrakhan Area
The Client planned to build a multipurpose port at the Russian shore of the Caspian Sea. In order to get an indication regarding market potential, expected CAPEX and OPEX, and a financial analysis of the project, HPC was assigned to elaborate the pre-feasibility study.
- Comprehensive market analysis
- Traffic forecast for a 30-year projection period
- Defined a terminal facility with sufficient cargo handling & storage capacities and connectivity & preliminary terminal layout design
- Elaborated a phased development plan
- Recommended on required equipment types and numbers per development phase
- Assessed required infrastructure-related investment cost and assumed operational cost (OPEX)
- Financial analysis
HPC's team developed the concept of a terminal facilitating the cargo handling of more than five commodities classes, including containers, grain, liquid bulk, project cargo and steel semi-finished goods.
Pre-Feasibility & Feasibility Studies, Financial Analysis, Market Assessment & Forecasting, Port Development Planning
Kaspiy Docks and Logistics Company LLC
01/2020 - 05/2020