Detailed Feasibility Study for the Construction of Bay Terminal
Chittagong Port is the principal seaport of Bangladesh and handles about 92% of import-export trade of the country. The river port is subject to a number of limitations typical for these locations, including a shallow entrance, strong tidal streams and landside constraints regarding expanding operations. According to the Chittagong Port Master Plan, traffic projections for Chittagong Port show large potentials especially with view to containers and the construction sector. Therefore, Chittagong Port Authority (CPA) intended to develop the new Bay Terminal with modern state-of-the-art facilities and located in the Anandanagar/Sandwip Channel in order to increase the cargo handling capacities. Moreover, the proposed location provides a good linkage to Dhaka-Chittagong highway, railway and waterways.
- Reviewed existing data and conceptual port master plan
- Assessed potential market and business opportunities
- Operations planning for the container and the multipurpose terminal
- Financial and economic analysis
- Environmental and traffic impact assessment
- Support training programme and study tour of CPA staff
HPC and their partners provided a detailed study and a traffic impact assessment as a basis for the construction of Bay Terminal.
Pre-Feasibility & Feasibility Studies, Financial Analysis
Chittagong Port Authority (CPA)
08/2016 - 09/2017