Support for an IT Platform for Barge Traffic Optimisation at the Upper Rhine
An international consortium consisting of port authorities & chambers of commerce of Basel (Switzerland), Mulhouse (France) & Weil am Rhein (Germany) initiated an IT platform “RPIS” to optimise the barge traffic on the Upper Rhine. Ever since, HPC has supported RheinPorts in developing and managing the project from IT design to successful go-live of RPIS.
- Stakeholder management (terminal operators, shipping lines, barge operators and customs authorities)
- Business process modelling and elaboration of IT requirements incl. state-of-the-art technical and interface requirements according to EDI standards
- Implementation strategy and roadmap of the IT platform
- Clarification of data protection & IT security in the involved countries & compliance with the EU GDPR
- Project management & coordination between software supplier and client
- Go-live support incl. QA, key-user trainings and formal acceptance
The first European Multi-Port Community System connecting ports of different nations along the river Rhine was developed and established with HPC’s support.
Port Community System (PCS), IT Design, IT Implementation
Basel/Switzerland, Mulhouse/France, Weil am Rhein/Germany
12/2013 - 10/2020