Development Plan for Puerto de Coronel Container Terminal
Given the growing throughput volumes, Puerto de Coronel contracted HPC to prepare a comprehensive development plan. Apart from container and cargo operations, the terminal also offers services related to empty container depots, maintenance and repair, and a CFS. The build-out was planned in several phasing steps, aiming at the stepwise conversion from reach-stacker to RTG-based operations for container handling.
- Assessed present terminal operations
- Developed a new terminal layout and a phasing plan
- Determined civil engineering, equipment and operating costs
- Developed a customized IT strategy
- Designed operation processes for RTG, dry bulk, general cargo and break-bulk cargo
- Developed a berth capacity plan
By leveraging a 20-year market forecast, HPC tailored a strategic terminal development plan, ensuring the client makes informed decisions, mitigates risks, and gains a competitive edge.
Port Master Planning, Terminal Operations
Compania Puerto de Coronel S.A.
03/2015 - 09/2015