Expert Opinion on Options for Further Development of Münster/Osnabrück Airport
HPC examined various perspectives of the further development of Münster/Osnabrück Airport. Based on a forecast of passenger and traffic volume for the years 2024 & 2026, HPC addressed the importance of the airport for the region and possible relocation effects in the event of a downgrade with the discontinuation of commercial air traffic.
- Analysed the economic situation of Münster/Osnabrück Airport
- Considered the regional economic significance of the airport
- Identified operational optimisation potentials
- Investigated the costs associated with a downgrading
- Calculated a transformation scenario for an economic repositioning
HPC provided the city of Münster and the district of Steinfurt as public shareholders with a comprehensive and up-to-date basis for future decisions on the development of the airport.
Airports, Transport Economics
07/2021 - 06/2022