Technical Due Diligence and Implementation Support for a Multipurpose Port in the Adriatic
In light of an investment opportunity on the Adriatic Sea, HHLA International asked HPC to perform technical due diligence for a multi-purpose terminal in Trieste, Italy. Beyond analysing existing assets and operations, a focus was also set on further development options and their optimum operations. In that respect, a smart phasing plan was prepared, allowing a stepwise approach to development. Further to the in-depth assessment of the actual terminal’s operations, equipment, IT, safety, security, and environmental aspects, the intermodal connection to the hinterland was vital for expected growth. All relevant findings were used as inputs for the financial analysis and assessment of feasibility.
- Operational analysis of existing terminal facilities
- Review of safety, security and environmental situation
- Assessed existing equipment and infrastructure, especially with regard to suitability for planned operations
- Multiple layout options and smart phasing plan for the potential expansion and optimised use of the terminal
- Determined relevant financial key factors
- Support in the implementation and go-live of the terminal
With their comprehensive analysis, HPC enabled HIG to make a well-informed decision about the acquisition of the terminal; the study resulted in a successful go-live of the new operation.
Due Diligence, IT Procurement, Sustainability, Safety/Security
HHLA International GmbH (HIG), Trieste, Italy
05/2019 - 09/2020