Process and Requirements Specification for a Terminal Operations System ("TOS@HIG")
In preparation for providing a new TOS for HHLA International's multi-purpose terminals in Estonia, Italy and Ukraine, HPC was assigned to elaborate on functional, interface and technical requirements for TOS. The challenge was to engineer generic needs suitable for all existing and future terminals to support handling of different types of cargo, i.e. containers, breakbulk, ro-ro and dry bulk.
- Assess as-is IT landscape
- Analyse as-is process landscape
- Evaluate as-is business process models
- Define to-be IT landscape
- Identify to-be process landscape
- Outline to-be business process models
- Set up TOS functional, interface and technical requirements
- Conduct gap analysis of as-is vs to-be to prepare for the change
With this project, our long-standing customer HHLA laid the basis for harmonising processes and standardising IT systems across all their terminals.
HPC's ExpertiseIT Consulting, Terminal Planning & Logistics
Hamburg/Germany, Odessa/Ukraine, Tallinn/Estonia
HHLA International GmbH
04/2020 - 12/2020