Consultancy Services for Developing the Intermodal Terminal at Mundra Port
Mundra Port is the largest private Port in India, and especially a major economic gateway to the northern hinterland of India with multimodal connectivity. The port is experiencing substantial growth and expects to triple container handling volumes within the next ten years. Against the overall growth of Mundra Port and specifically against the expected volume increase for intermodal rail containers, Adani asked HPC to support the development of the joined railhead of the port. The overall project goal was to proceed with planning and design towards developing an intermodal handling capacity of 9.0 m TEU/a, following a stepwise approach and allowing for the most efficient and reliable operations and using state-of-the-art technology.
- Site visit and data collection to understand operational KPIs and local conditions, define basic assumptions and set up a planning framework
- Analyzed capacity and bottlenecks for the existing facility
- Reviewed and assessed existing expansion concepts
- Elaborated and evaluated a set of development options
- Operationally refined two preferred options
- Assessed traffic flows and recommended on terminal integration into the port system
- Calculated maximum capacity and identified operational constraints
Based on its international experience and track record in similar projects, HPC provided consulting services to expand the intermodal terminal to ensure it is ready for the future.
Intermodal Terminal Development, Terminal Operations
Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone Ltd
09/2022 - 05/2023