Technical Consultant for the Patenga Container Terminal PPP Project
The IFC provided transaction advisory support to the Public-Private Partnership Authority of Bangladesh and the Chittagong Port Authority by conducting due diligence as well as structuring and commissioning a concession contract for the new Patenga Container Terminal.
- Market analysis and traffic forecast
- Assessment of suitability of built civil and superstructures
- Operational planning for the terminal
- Regulatory framework and tariff structure review
- Financial projections and scenarios for terminal concession
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation review
- Support of preparation of transaction documents
- Proposal evaluation and negotiation support
HPC supported the IFC in confirming the feasibility of the technical parameters of the project to prepare smooth contract negotiations with the pre-selected international terminal operator.
International Finance Corporation
11/2022 - 06/2023