Optimization for Gate Process at an MT Depot and Container Repair Facility
HCCR called for solutions to increase the efficiency of their gate transactions. The project’s objective focussed on identifying opportunities for a streamlined approach to (pre)checking container conditions and subsequent handling.
- Analysed existing operational procedures as well as the gate processes and related handling steps at the terminal
- Elaborated alternative gate & check processes and evaluated pros and cons
- Defined a to-be gate & check process, optimizing the flow of containers from the gate through the facility
- Implementation roadmap for the new gate & check processes
- Supported the implementation and successful proof of concept
HPC prepared the implementation of multiple changes to the gate processes, from organizational to hard- and software-related adaptions. The successful proof of concept allows HCCR to make full use of the optimization developed and performed by HPC.
HCCR Hamburger Container- und Chassis-Reparatur-Gesellschaft mbH
09/2020 - 12/2020