The Client planned the construction of a new chemical factory in an existing chemical production park. Due to the limited capacity of the park's traffic connection via truck, train and barge and the dangerous nature of the raw materials and products, the Client required a feasible solution to distribute the traffic volumes on the different modes of transport.
- Review of current and planned traffic volumes
- Analysed relevant transport rules and regulations for dangerous goods
- Assessed political trends and initiatives for stronger rules and regulations
- Developed potential traffic volume scenarios for truck, train and barge
- Conducted workshops to identify the most promising scenarios
- Created a detailed traffic simulation model, including waterways, road and rail infrastructure in the vicinity of the chemical park
- Tested selected traffic scenarios with previously developed traffic simulation model
- On-site presentation of the results and recommendations
Benefit to Client
With our analysis and detailed simulation, we provided the Client a comprehensive basis for the future distribution of their traffic volumes.