This project was elaborated by HPC’s former subsidiary UNICONSULT Universal Transport Consulting GmbH. Both companies combined their competencies and services in the course of a merger in July 2017.
As one of the major European Structural Funds, the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) consolidates economic, social and territorial cohesion in the EU - in economically weak as well as in strong regions. In Hamburg, the ERDF is pursuing the goal of "investing in growth and employment" for the 2014 to 2020 period, and supports targeted innovations and sustainable growth. The joint project of Hamburg Port and Logistics AG (HHLA) and HPE Hybridport Energy GmbH & Co. KG (HPE) will help to create an efficient, environmentally-friendly, safe and economical electricity and heat supply for HHLA's three container terminals. For this purpose, an LNG hybrid barge will produce a part of the energy demand for electricity and heat independently, decentrally and efficiently between mid-September and mid-May as a co-generation plant for HHLA. The investment costs for the construction of the facilities / infrastructure are expected to be subsidized proportionally through ERDF funding.
- Support in elaborating the application for funding to the Hamburg Authority for Environment and Energy (BUE)
- After approval of the application:
- Scheduling according to the project structure plan in the sense of project controlling
- Project documentation and the billing of the funds
- Support in maintaining external contacts
- Preparation and submission of regular project reports as well as accounting proofs
- Participating in and monitoring meetings with project participants
Benefit to Client
- Access to a new technology and approach for sustainable energy production within HHLA
- Significant financial support to reconstruct the LNG hybrid barge including supply infrastructure to deliver CO2 reduced energy