HPC was contracted for the assessment of a feasibility study and capacity validation for the new CC1 Cruise Terminal located at HafenCity Hamburg. The terminal has been planned as integral part of the Unibail-Rodamco shopping mall complex, presented by a third party. HPC subsequently rendered technical support to an architect contracted by the client in drafting an alternative terminal layout in terms of technical and operational requirements.
- Capacity analysis of the concept provided by the investor, i.e. calculation of achievable passenger and luggage handling capacity
- Plausibility check of investor’s conceptual study
- Assessment of ISPS suitability
- Identification of weak points
- Calculation of required facilities based on own assumptions that have been agreed upon together with the client
- Elaboration of an alternative conceptual design for the planned new cruise terminal
- Formulation of recommendations
- Assistance to architects with elaboration of new terminal layout and design
- Operational advice to architects and client
- Supporting client in meetings and workshops with investor, cruise lines and other stakeholders as harbor police, customs, etc.
Benefit to Client
- More efficient use of the limited cruise passenger space ressources respectively higher handling capacities at this cruise facility to the benfit of the client’s business model