Pakistan International Bulk Terminal Ltd. (PIBT) currently develops a new state-of-the-art bulk terminal, which will provide capacity for handling up to 12m tons of coal and 4m tons of cement and clinker per year. Further development stages are likely to increase the total annual capacity to 20m tons. Operations started in the middle of 2017. HPC has been deeply involved in the project from the early beginning, having provided a business plan, including updates and layout plans. Recently, HPC has assisted in the procurement process of the cargo handling equipment, elaborating the equipment specifications and evaluating the tenders to propose the most suitable vendor. To ensure long-term commercial viability of the terminal, the operational processes shall be implemented as planned to achieve efficiency levels and productivity in line with the assumptions made in the business plan. Therefore, PIBT has sought support from an operations advisor making sure that project progress be aligned with the future operational requirements and that it responds to the Lender's (IFC's) requirements, requesting regular operations reports.
- Prepare an operations manual describing the standard operating procedures
- Develop an organisational structure
- Perform operational audits and prepare quarterly reports
Benefit to Client
- Improvement of the level of organisation in the operation of the terminal
- Provision of state-of-the-art business processes