We help create a fundamental and up-to-date understanding of the port and transport industry and provide the basis for decision-making
The motivation behind almost every transport and logistics project is to facilitate the transport of goods and passengers and to improve the supply chain efficiency for commodities that are either produced or demanded by an economy. Developing new transport projects or increasing the efficiency of existing port and logistics services can therefore encourage the economic development of a whole region, while poor infrastructure often provides an obstacle towards economic development.
In order to plan an infrastructure project that is financially and economically feasible, we assure that your transport logistics services are tailor-made for the economy they serve. As each economy is different in terms of its cargo mix, geography as well as its trade partners and economic structure, in our approaches we consider all the different components of an economy to develop a distinct transport solution for the specific economy.
At HPC, our transport economists are well experienced in understanding the needs of each economy and offer deep insights and expertise in the following areas:
- Market studies, including competition analyses, traffic forecasts and transport demand modelling
- Financial analyses, including tariff studies and estimates for investment costs (Capital expenditures and operational expenses)
- Economic evaluation of projects, including cost benefit analyses and economic impact assessments
- Financing and investment considerations
- Advise and support during privatisation processes
- Institutional strengthening, policy and strategy development