In this consulting position, you will support our team of advisers in international consultancy and optimisation projects.
- Working collaboratively on international terminal planning and optimisation projects
- Acquisition of orders
- Planning, optimising and modelling logistics processes for international terminals and handling facilities
- Presenting HPC's services to our clients
- Supporting HPC's simulation team in logistics-related matters
Terminal planning tasks involve everything from the operational design of classic break bulk terminals to the planning and implementation of modern concepts for automated intermodal and container terminals. Another major area of work is the comparison of alternative plans, technologies and strategies.
In addition to a degree in port management, rail management, nautical science or logistics as well as experience with container/rail terminals, we expect you to be able to:
- Plan terminals (new constructions and expansions)
- Develop handling and logistics concepts
- Deal with economic and organisational issues
- Analyse and improve workflows and processes within logistics chains
- Experience in project management or consultancy is desirable
- Confidence in the use of standard software / Microsoft Office
Excellent English skills are essential; other foreign language skills are advantageous. Given the structure of our company and our proximity to our clients, you should enjoy process-oriented thinking and be able to work independently.
Your place of work will be in Hamburg, with interesting assignments at our clients' sites both in Germany and abroad.
Are you enthusiastic about working for a dynamic, international company? Then please send us an email or letter with your full application stating your earliest possible starting date.
HPC Hamburg Port Consulting GmbH
Container Terminal Altenwerder
Am Ballinkai 1