- Working collaboratively on international planning and optimisation projects for ports, terminals and intermodal facilities
- Planning, modelling and analysing ports, container terminals, and other logistics facilities with HPC's simulation tools
- Enhancing HPC’s simulation tools
- Presenting HPC’s services to our clients
- Acquisition of projects
Terminal planning and simulation tasks range from the operational design of conventional break bulk terminals to the planning and implementation of modern concepts for intermodal and automated container terminals. The tasks of the Simulation Specialist include the development and analysis of alternative terminal designs, technologies, processes and operating strategies.
In addition to a degree in computer science, business and engineering, logistics or similar, and experience with container terminals, we expect the following skills and competencies:
- Planning logistics and production facilities, in particular container terminals
- Applying operations research methods and models
- Process modelling and analysis within logistics systems (e.g. BPMN 2.0)
- Confident use of standard software / Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, Matlab) and simulation tools (e.g., Plant Simulation, AnyLogic) is desirable
- Experience in project management or consultancy is beneficial
Excellent English skills are essential; other foreign language skills are advantageous. Given the structure of our company and our proximity to our clients, you should enjoy process-oriented thinking and be able to work independently.
Your place of work will be in Hamburg, with interesting assignments at our clients' sites both in Germany and abroad.
Are you enthusiastic about working for a dynamic, international company? Then please send us an email or letter with your full application stating your earliest possible starting date.
HPC Hamburg Port Consulting GmbH
Container Terminal Altenwerder
Am Ballinkai 1