- Working on international terminal planning and optimisation projects
- Planning, optimising and modelling of logistics processes for international terminals
- Enhancing HPC’s simulation tools
- Presenting HPC’s services to our clients
- Acquisition of projects
Terminal planning and simulation tasks range from the operational design of conventional break bulk terminals to the planning and implementation of modern concepts for intermodal and automated container terminals. The tasks of the Simulation Specialist include the development and analysis of alternative terminal designs, technologies and strategies.
In addition to a degree in computer science, business and engineering,, logistics or similar, and experience with container terminals, we expect to the following competencies:
- Planning container terminals and other logistics facilities
- Developing cargo handling and logistics concepts
- Analysing and improving workflows and processes within logistics chains
- Confident use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, Matlab) or simulation tools (e.g., Plant Simulation, AnyLogic) is desirable
- Experience in project management or consultancy is beneficial
Excellent English skills and confidence in the use of standard software are essential; other foreign language skills are advantageous. Given the structure of our company and our proximity to our clients, you must enjoy process-oriented thinking and be able to work independently.
Your place of work will be in Hamburg, with interesting assignments at our clients’ sites both in Germany and abroad.
Are you enthusiastic about working for a dynamic, international company? Then please send us an email or letter with your full application stating your earliest possible starting date.
HPC Hamburg Port Consulting GmbH
Container Terminal Altenwerder
Am Ballinkai 1