Join the diverse HPC team and shape the global terminal and port industry with us.
Ports are the backbone of global trade. As handling locations for goods, they supply populations around the world. In the digital age, ports are evolving into networked information hubs. As a Simulation Consultant, you will drive the further development of modern ports and advise our customers on the planning, analysis and optimisation of container and rail freight terminals.
- Independent directing and implementing of simulation projects in international port and rail settings
- Advising our customers with regard to the developments and analyses of alternative terminal designs, technologies, processes and operative strategies with the HPC-specific simulation tools
- Actively looking for and acquiring new orders and projects on your own and through HPC’s network
- Advancing the development of HPC-specific simulation tools and project standards
- Actively monitoring market developments and generating innovative ideas
- A university degree with a focus on IT, business administration, engineering, logistics, mathematics or comparable knowledge and qualifications
- At least three to five years of professional experience in simulation as well as project work or consultancy in the role of project manager
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with relevant simulation tools (e.g. Plant Simulation, Anylogic) as well as basic programming skills (e.g. Java, C++, Matlab)
- Experience in transport logistics, process modelling and analysis of logistics systems (e.g. BPMN 2.0) as well as the application of operations research methods is advantageous
- Creativity, openness to unconventional approaches as well as flexibility when dealing with changing requirements
- Excellent written and spoken German and English
- A diverse, highly motivated and appreciative team with a great sense of humour
- Flat hierarchies in a modern and cooperative working environment with almost unlimited creative freedom
- Personal and professional development
- Trust-based working hours plus flexible organisation of working time with the possibility of working from home
- 30 days of annual leave
- Performance-based bonus and sabbatical programme
Your place of work will be Hamburg, combined with interesting assignments at our clients’ sites around the world.
Are you enthusiastic about working for a dynamic, international company? Then please send us an email or letter with your full application stating your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date.
HPC Hamburg Port Consulting GmbH
Container Terminal Altenwerder
Am Ballinkai 1