Join the diverse HPC team and shape the global terminal and port industry with us.
These days, port handling equipment is no longer just cargo handling machinery operating individually. Networked operating systems are also an important component of the IT and process landscape of terminals. This can be both challenging and fascinating. As an Engineering Consultant, you will help terminal operators around the world to best choose, implement and optimise the technical aspects of their facilities. To do this, project management at HPC allows for wide creative freedom to offer customers the best result for their equipment. HPC is looking for a passionate Engineering Consultant with a sharp eye for the terminal technology challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Designing, planning and optimising workshops, warehouses and machine parks
- Designing and implementing integration and automation concepts for our customers in the port and logistics sector
- Supporting and advising clients on technical matters with regard to the specification, selection and procurement of large-scale equipment and facilities in the port area both in Germany and abroad
- Creating specifications for port handling equipment (container gantry cranes, RTGs, RMGs, Straddle Carrier) as well as their integration into the terminal’s IT landscape
- A tertiary degree, ideally with a specialisation in electronics, automation technology or mechanical engineering, or comparable qualifications
- At least three to five years of professional experience as an engineer as well as experience in project work or consultancy
- Solid experience in the areas of heavy machinery and plant engineering, electrical engineering and/or industrial automation as well as a strong affinity for IT-related topics
- Practical knowledge in the development of handling and logistics concepts as well as in maintenance and service
- Solution-oriented mindset, along with confidence and sound communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other foreign language skills a plus
- A diverse, highly motivated and appreciative team with a great sense of humour
- Flat hierarchies in a modern and cooperative working environment with almost unlimited creative freedom
- Personal and professional development
- Trust-based working hours plus flexible organisation of working time with the possibility of working from home
- 30 days of annual leave
- Performance-based bonus and sabbatical programme
Your place of work will be Hamburg, combined with interesting assignments at our clients’ sites around the world.
Are you enthusiastic about working for a dynamic, international company? Then please send us an email or letter with your full application stating your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date.
HPC Hamburg Port Consulting GmbH
Container Terminal Altenwerder
Am Ballinkai 1