Based on an investment agreement HPC Ukraina and Odessa Commercial Sea Port Administration jointly constructed the extension of the Quarantine Mole container terminal in order to increase its container handling capacity by 600,000 TEU per year. Odessa Commercial Sea Port provided 650 m quay wall and apron, a breakwater and dredging works. HPC Ukraina's investment programme had a volume of about USD 90m and consisted of four lots for reclamation of about 20 ha terminal area and construction of southern and northern embankments, pavement and drainage works, installation of HT (35KV) feed line and MT/LT (6.0/0.4KV) grids, transformer stations and lighting system, and installation of three super post panamax STS container cranes. HPC was awarded the contract for elaboration of tender documents, tender evaluation, assistance in contract negotiations and supervision of construction for all lots.
- Review and modification of working design prepared by local A/E companies
- Preparation of complete tender documents for international competitive bidding procedures
- Arrangement of pre-bid meetings and site visits, technical and commercial evaluation of bids, recommendation for award and assistance in contract negotiations
- Advice on all technical, commercial and legal contract matters, preparation of contract amendments and addenda during execution of construction works, acting as Client's Engineer
- Supervision of geotechnical, bathymetric and topographic surveys, soil investigations, laboratory tests, review and approval of settlement calculations and determination of reclamation technique and volume
- Permanent site supervision for all construction and installation works, including testing and provisional acceptance as well as final acceptance and commissioning
- Review and approval of contractors' invoices, release of payments and financial contract management
- Coordination of assignments of local engineers, quantity surveyors and draftsmen
Benefit to Client
- Construction works were completed according to specifications, in time and within the agreed budget.